Thursday, August 11, 2011

In Season

Peaches. They are an event that have made quite an impression in our household.  Ben bought a case of them, and it has been quite a luxury to simply eat as many of the golden, juicy fruits as we can handle.  I've made baby food, and have frozen many for the future.  Tonight I have had a hard time getting into the kitchen to make all the baked goodies... muffins, cobbler, pie.  I just want to revel in my clean kitchen one more night before I blow it up with activity.

The heat outside has caused me to go minimal with my cooking.  I don't know how I went for years without peanut butter and preserve sandwiches!  Also, I caught Ben saying that the grits and cut up, boiled egg with a bit of butter I made for him were good. 

Other recent creations (I named them): browned-butter mac and cheese, gazpacho pasta salad, Rotell hamburger soup, and chorizo stuffed satellight squash.

1 comment: